Commissaries’ sales promotions help recognize fathers, the Army’s Birthday and Flag Day in June
By Chris Long, DeCA marketing and mass media specialist
“As we celebrate these special days, the commissary is also delivering even greater savings to our service men and women and their families,” said Marine Sgt. Maj. Michael R. Saucedo, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “We also remind our customers to visit their commissary website for more opportunities to save.”
On the DeCA website, Commissaries.com, customers will find the Rewards and Savings section to access and download the latest sales flyer. The sales flyer is loaded with great deals. Special highlights on healthy living, nutritious foods, recipes and other commissary services are included. As a reminder, OCONUS stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs.
Here are a few sales specials to consider for commissary June savings:
- Father’s Day Deli/Bakery Sales Event. Celebrate dad with an in-store decorated, single layer Father’s Day cake on sale at your local commissary deli/bakery department June 17-20. Check store for availability.
- 4-Day Deal. From June 24 to 27, promotions are available for several commissary store brands: Freedom’s Choice 3 bag microwave popcorn varieties, 5 for $5, June 17-20, Freedom’s Choice Purified Water, 2 for $3, and Freedom’s Choice Spring Water, 2 for $4.
- Sub – Primal Meat Sale. Sub-primal meats are sold at-cost and can be processed and cut upon request. Customers must buy the entire sub-primal to receive the at-cost price. Consult your commissary meat department.
- Meat Power Boxes. Just in time for Father’s Day, customers can get all their meats for roasting, braising, stewing and grilling at participating stateside commissaries. Check with your meat department for availability.
- Congratulations Graduates. Let your commissary’s deli/bakery department help you plan the menu for your gathering to celebrate your graduate. From sandwich trays to sides and appetizers, your commissary can make it easy and fun. Also, June 18 is Sushi Day. Try adding a beautiful sushi tray from your commissary. Check store availability.
“I cannot stress enough how much you save – about 25 percent annually – by using your commissary benefit,” Saucedo said. “For our patrons who have not shopped their commissary, we welcome you to come experience a great shopping atmosphere and take advantage of savings that you’ve earned.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.