COVID-19 Store Policies
- Commissary Patrons will adhere to current local authority and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance in regards to mask requirements for entrance to DoD buildings.
- Patrons are encouraged to wear a mask while shopping at their commissary regardless of an installation requirement as an additional protective measure for DeCA employees, including contractors, baggers and other patrons.
- DeCA will continue to follow DoD Guidance.
- In the interest of safety, all DeCA employees and personnel that work inside a DeCA facility, to include contractors and baggers, will wear a mask while inside DeCA facilities regardless of vaccination status.
- All personnel within a DeCA facility that are not fully vaccinated also need to continue to physically distance consistent with applicable CDC and DoD Force Health Protection guidance.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in all checkout lanes as a protective measure.
- Our store employees are provided with PPE (gloves and face coverings); however, employees can also use their own.
- The agency requires health screenings for anyone who works in CONUS commissaries – including employees, baggers and affiliated contractors – before they start their shifts.
Fraudulent Coronavirus Treatments
The FDA recently released a Consumer Update about fraudulent coronavirus tests, vaccines, and treatments. According to FDA, "Fraudulent COVID-19 products can come in many varieties, including dietary supplements and other foods, as well as products claiming to be tests, drugs, medical devices, or vaccines."
You can read the full article on the The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's website or by visiting the Operation Supplement Safety's website. A link to this article, as well as other updates from FDA, can be found on OPSS's homepage under "Alerts and Announcements".
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's coronavirus website to learn how COVID-19 spreads, its symptoms, information on prevention and treatment, stigma and what to do if you are sick.