If you need EEO counseling please contact the DeCA Equal Opportunity e office at email@example.com or call 1-877-435-7336.
DeCA employees and applicants for employment who feel they have been discriminated against based on race, color religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability (mental or physical), reprisal, or genetic information should present their concerns as outlined below:
- Contact the Equal Employment Opportunity office (EEO) within 45 calendar days of the alleged discrimination, or within the date you became aware of the discriminatory behavior/action.
- You can elect between traditional counseling or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process to have your concerns addressed in the EEO.
- The EEO Office has 30 calendar days to conduct an inquiry into the alleged discriminatory behaviors/actions.
- Should you elect ADR at the pre-complaint stage, your complaint may be extended up to 90 calendar days.
- If the matter is not resolved during the pre-complaint stage, the aggrieved will be issued a Notice of Right to File a Discrimination Complaint (Formal Complaint).
- Your election to file a formal complaint must be filed within 15 calendar days of Receipt of Notice of Right to File a Discrimination Complaint.
The Formal Complaint must be mailed to:
DeCA Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
1300 E Ave
Fort Lee, Virginia 23801