If You Think You Have Been Sexually Harassed
The following measures should be taken in an attempt to eliminate the harassment.
- Tell the harasser the behavior is inappropriate , unwelcome, and must stop.
- If the behavior continues, elevate the issue to your supervisor (next level of supervision if the complaint is against the supervisor).
- Contact a DeCA Equal employment Opportunity official.
Things to consider when making a complaint.
- There is no anonymity for allegations of sexual harassment. Employees who observes sexual harassing conduct should report the behavior to a management official. Supervisors and managers must immediately report all allegations of sexual harassment to the EEO office.
- While it is recommended to address complaints at the lowest level, an employee can bypass the alleged offender and supervisor, and make direct contact with the EEO official if warranted.
- All reports of sexual harassment will be investigated thoroughly and promptly.
- Retaliation for reporting sexual harassment or filling a sexual harassment complaint is prohibited.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity office accepts anonymous complaints of third party person (person reporting on behalf of another) reporting. It is important to understand that the individual that the individual reporting may remain anonymous, however, the allegation must be investigated.
- To contact DeCA EEO please call 877-435-7336