Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat and add onion, carrots, squash and sweet potato. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Use immersion blender to puree until smooth, or puree in batches using a traditional blender.
- Return soup to the Dutch oven and reheat over low heat. Stir in cream and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Yields: 6-8 servings