Sharon's Broccoli Salad
- 1 small head broccoli flowerets, finely trimmed, stalks almost entirely removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (can also use jarred bacon bits)
- Combine broccoli, shallots, raisins, peanuts, and crumbled bacon in a serving bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and curry powder together until thoroughly combined.
- Add dressing to salad ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately
- Serve immediately.