One Pot Quick Shrimp "Lo-Mein"
- 3/4 package of 16 oz whole-grain (wheat) spaghetti
- 12 oz uncooked shrimp (heads removed)
- 12 oz frozen broccoli, carrot and snap pea blend
- 1/3 cup of low-fat Asian blend salad dressing
- 8 oz of shredded Gouda cheese
- Begin cooking, in a large pot, 3/4 of a 16 oz. box of wholegrain (wheat) spaghetti noodles according to directions.
- After the noodles have cooked for about 5 minutes, add the entire 12 oz. bag of uncooked, shrimp (heads removed) and 12 oz. bag of frozen broccoli, carrots, and snap peas blend.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook until shrimp and vegetables are cooked and tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Drain mixture in a colander and return to the pot being sure the heat on the stove is off.
- Gently mix in 1/3 cup of a low-fat Asian blend salad dressing.
- Divide the “Lo-Mein” equally between 4 plates and then top the “Lo-Mein” with 2 oz. of shredded Gouda cheese.
- If shrimp isn’t your thing, use 8-10 oz. of cooked chicken. Just add it in step 5 with the Asian dressing.
- Serve with a side of fresh, sliced apples.