BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza
- 1/2 medium red onion
- Pita bread (packaged)
- BBQ Sauce
- 12oz of cooked chicken
- Package of mozarella chese
- Package of Frozen Vegetables
- While the oven is preheating to 375 degrees, thinly slice ½ of a medium sized red onion and lightly brush one side each pita with oil (preferably olive oil).
- Place each pita, oiled side down, on a baking sheet and then spread 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on each pita, being sure to leave a little “crust” around the outer edge.
- Divide 12 oz. of the chicken (1/1/2 packages) into 4 parts, and then top each pita with one part, and then top each with 1/4th of the package of the cheese.
- Top the pizza with desired amount of red onion slices (consider omitting for kids’ pizzas) and then put in oven (middle rack) and bake until cheese is melted (about 10-12 minutes).
- While the pizza is cooking, microwave frozen vegetables (1 ½ bags) in a covered dish with three tablespoons of water for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve 1 pizza and 1/4th of the cooked vegetables for each plate.
- The extra chicken, broccoli/cauliflower and onion can be used to make wraps for lunches.
- Serve frozen fruit like banana slices and grapes topped with vanilla yogurt as a dessert with this meal.