Sweet Potato Balls
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 full-size marshmallows
- Cook potatoes until tender, peel and mash. Add margarine, brown sugar and pecans (or walnuts).
- Form potatoes around one marshmallow, making a golf-ball-sized ball.
- Roll in lightly crushed cornflakes.
- Place balls on lightly greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. They just need to warm; baking too long in the oven will "squash" the ball.