Pickled Daikon and Carrot
- 1½ cups daikon radish, peeled with a vegetable peeler and cut into thin matchstick strips or cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, toss daikon with salt. Cover, and refrigerate until water is released, (a tablespoon or two) about 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse diakon thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towel, return to bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours.