- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs slightly with a fork.
- Add sugar and salt; stir till dissolved.
- Stir in dark corn syrup and melted butter or margarine; mix well.
- Stir in the pecan halves.
- Pour into pastry lined 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover edge of crust with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake for 25 minutes more or till knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
- Cool. Cover and chill to store.
Tip: To prevent a soggy crust, sprinkle a pinch of flour or cornmeal over the bottom of pie plate before covering with piecrust, and bake the pie on a preheated cookie sheet or pizza stone. Cool pie on a wire rack.