BLT Breakfast Bake
- 8 slices bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 7 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Arrange 4 slices of bread on work surface. Sprinkle with half of cheese, half of onions, and crumbled bacon.
- Top with remaining bread slices, and cut each sandwich in half, crosswise.
- Arrange sandwich halves, overlapping, alternating with tomato slices, in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with wire whisk until well blended; pour over ingredients in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cover from baking dish; sprinkle casserole with remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese and remaining sliced green onions.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting into pieces to serve.
Yields: 8 servings