Frozen food savings featured in March
FORT LEE, Va. (Feb. 22, 2016) – It's no wonder commissaries are highlighting frozen foods during March, considering the variety, value, and convenience of items from pizza, entrées and breakfast foods to lots of vegetables in between.
"Every March is frozen food month at commissaries, and while our stores go all out creating exciting frozen food section displays, customers win with great values," said Tracie Russ, sales director for the Defense Commissary Agency. "With other promotions throughout the store, including those with the annual college basketball championship tournament theme, March is a great time to shop your commissary."
DeCA's industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries in March to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- In keeping with frozen food month shoppers will find savings on international frozen food products by Jose Ole, Tai Pei, Ling Ling and other Ajinomoto Windsor brand foods. Also, Acosta is offering in-store coupons and price reductions in stores worldwide highlighted by their product displays from March 7 to 27.
- ConAgra Foods will feature the "March Frozen Food Month Sale" from March 1 to 27 offering great price reductions, product demonstrations, and high value coupons from leading manufacturers. Look for their flyer in stores. Their website (conagracommissarydeal.com) has more information and features customer coupons.
- Keebler's annual Hollow Tree Cookies and Milk Promotion. Coupons will be available for free milk with the purchase of four Keebler cookies or Keebler Rite Bite packages. Cookie and milk product demonstrations will also be offered to all stores. Look for their creative mass tree display from March 28 to April 10. This promotion is available in the U.S. only.
- Webco is featuring Ocean Spray's "Chillin' Dollar Day Sale" through March 5. Customers in stateside stores will also see mass displays and banners for another Ocean Spray promotion that runs March 1-15.
- Sunkist soda and Mott's participating brands are sponsoring their "Pop-A-Shot Giveaway Promotion" from March 1 to 5. Shoppers at participating commissaries worldwide can enter to win a Sunkist electronic "Pop-a-Shot" basketball game valued at $200.
- ProCamp. Ten camps, 30-day dash, two ways to win! From March 28 through April 10, select commissaries worldwide will have a chance to win a ProCamp for their installation. Winning installations will host a free, two-day football camp for military children in kindergarten through eighth grade. At these camps, participants will learn from and play with some of their favorite NFL players like Andre Roberts (Washington Redskins), Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals), and Steve Smith (Baltimore Ravens) among others. Installation consideration to qualify for a camp is based on their commissary's sales of designated P&G and customer votes for their installation. Patrons will see mass displays in participating commissaries.
- Unilever's "Healthy Heroes" program runs March 1 to 5 featuring Hellmann's Best, Lipton, Knorr, Breyers, Dove, Dove Men, AXE, Caress, Suave, St. Ives, Vaseline, Q-Tips, Tresemme, Clear and Nexxus products. Over 150,000 in-store coupon flyers and mass displays will be available in the stores. The coupons in these flyers are valued at about $7 and include more than $1 million in coupon offers, created exclusively for commissary shoppers. Unilever will also give away up to $70,000 in Commissary Gift Cards.
- Kraft Foods is offering its Easter Essentials promotion from March 7 to 27 featuring 18 coupon offers across all Kraft brands. There will also be $50 Free Commissary Gift Card giveaways – six winners per store.
- Through March 11, patrons worldwide who buy two packaged coffees from Folgers or Dunkin Donuts in one transaction and present their Commissary Rewards Card for scanning will be entered to win one of seven Apple iPad Air 2 devices. Full details available at here.
- Through March 18, the J. M. Smucker Company is presenting its 11th "Serving Our Country's Finest" event for February. A variety of Smucker fruit spreads, Hungry Jack breakfast items, Folgers coffee, Dunkin Donuts coffee and Jif peanut butter are participating in this in-store promotion. Smucker's will donate $10,000 to Fisher House for the Scholarships for Military Children fund. Stores worldwide have details for in-store giveaways.
"Your commissary is chillin' in March with super cool pricing in their frozen food section and slam dunk savings throughout the store for the annual college basketball tournament. Don't miss these savings. It's definitely worth the trip!" Russ said.
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit and make no profit on the sale of merchandise. Authorized patrons purchase items at cost plus a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. By shopping regularly in the commissary, patrons save thousands of dollars annually. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America's military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
Kevin L. Robinson
(804) 734-8000, Ext. 4-8773