Nestlé recalls Lean Cuisine® and Stouffer's® products over glass concerns
Nestlé USA is voluntarily recalling specific packages & production codes of Lean Cuisine® and Stouffer's® products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent March 11. Although their investigation is ongoing, Nestlé believes the source of the glass is associated with spinach, an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all affected stores, said Christopher Wicker, a public health advisor for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Lean Cuisine® Spinach and Mushroom Pizza: UPC 13800135209, "best before" date of Nov. 2017 and production codes 5339587814, 5340587814, 5340587815, and 6003587814.
- Lean Cuisine® Spinach Artichoke Ravioli: UPC 13800558060, "best before" date of Jan. 2016 and production codes 5362587812 and 5363587812.
- Lean Cuisine® Ricotta Cheese and Spinach Ravioli: UPC 1380093052, "best before" date of Feb. 2017 and production codes 6004595912 and 6005595912.
- Lean Cuisine® Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli: UPC 13800583581, "best before" date of Jan. 2017 and production codes 5348587812 and 5349587812.
- Lean Cuisine® Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini: UPC 13800553263, "best before" date of July 2016 with production code 5348587814 and "best before" date of Aug. 2016 with production code 6011587814.
- Stouffer's® Spinach Soufflé 12 ounces: UPC 13800105851, "best before" date of July 2016 and production codes 5353595528 and 5353595538.
- Stouffer's® Whole Grain Vegetable Lasagna 10.5 ounces: UPC 13800103239, "best before" date of March 2017 with production codes 5351595916, 5353595915 or 5353595916 and "best before" date of April 2017 with production code 6004595916.
- Stouffer's® Vegetable Lasagna Party Size 96 ounces: UPC 13800190024, "best before" date of March 2017 with production codes 5351595916, 5353595915 or 5353595916 and "best before" date of April 2017 with production code 6004595916.
- Stouffer's® Vegetable Lasagna Family Size 37.5 ounces: UPC 13800555106, "best before" date of July 2016 and production codes 5353595528 and 5353595538.
- Stouffer's® Chicken Lasagna Party Size 96 ounces: UPC 13800030528, "best before" date of Jan. 2018 and production code 5355595915.
The items listed are carried by DeCA. Click here for or a full list of products affected by this recall.
No injuries have been reported. Nestlé said the recall was ordered out of "an abundance of caution after several consumers reported that they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products."
Customers who purchased this product at the commissary can return it for a refund.
Consumers with questions about the recall may contact Nestlé at 1-800-681-1676.