Pico De Gallo
- 1 lb. medium Roma tomatoes (3-4), seeded, and diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 tbsp. finely minced fresh jalapeno pepper flesh (1 medium pepper)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice and zest of ½ lime
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, so the flavors blend well.
- Serves this dish with chips; or, use it to top tacos, cooked chicken, beef, fish, or even a baked potato.
- Consider adding drained, black beans and a can of drained, kernel corn to the recipe; increase the garlic to 1 tbsp., use a whole lime and a little more cilantro.