Troy's Sweet Potato Breakfast
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 avocado
- ½ c. cheddar cheese
- ½ c. fresh cilantro
- Cut up the sweet potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil and then add the cubes. Add 2 tsp. of the chicken broth and the hot sauce and then cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining spices and toss.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth into the pan so there’s at least ½ inch at the bottom.
- Make 4 wells and crack open the eggs into these holes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover for around 15 minutes so the steam poaches the eggs.
- Poke the white of the egg to ensure it’s cooked.
- Consider serving it alongside 1/4th of an avocado and a little sprinkle of fresh cilantro