Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 (8 oz.) packages fresh whole mushrooms, cleaned
- 3/4 cup 10-minute herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; reserve caps. Finely chop half the stems; discard or save remaining stems for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, stuffing mix, cheese, butter and onion; mix well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon mushroom mixture into each mushroom cap, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
Yields: 36 appetizers
Nutrition Facts per appetizer:
- calories: 30
- fat: 2 g total fat (1 g sat fat)
- cholesterol: 5 mg
- carbohydrates: 2 g
- sodium: 40 mg
- protein: 1 g