Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
- 3 to 4 ounces sliced dried or smoked beef (on your commissary's grocery aisle in jars or pouches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all–purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 slices of bread, toasted and sliced in half or quarters
- Rinse and dry dried beef; snip or tear into bite–size pieces.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet, add dried beef and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until edges of beef begin to curl.
- Stir flour into butter/beef mixture; add milk, all at once. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Spoon over toast points and serve hot.