Mayonnaise-Free Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 12 oz cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Whole grain bread or croissants
- Peel and pit one medium/large ripe avocado, chop ¼th of a small onion, and thinly slice one celery stalk.
- In a medium bowl mash together the avocado and ¼ cup of Greek yogurt until smooth; then add the ½ tsp. garlic powder and the chopped onion, celery; then blend.
- Add about 12 oz. of cooked chicken (canned chicken, drained, works well), ¼ cup of dried cranberries, and 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar; blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and, if needed, add a little more Greek yogurt to suit your desired level of moistness.
- Make 4-6 sandwiches, using whole grain bread, divide the chicken salad evenly amongst the sandwiches.
- This salad is also tasty on top of a bed of your favorite salad greens. Mashed avocado, with Greek yogurt and a dash of vinegar, is also a great homemade dressing to top salads.
- Serve 1-2 sandwiches per plate alongside a bed of fresh spinach greens, topped with a few slices of strawberries, a few crushed peanuts, and a small drizzle of your favorite salad dressing.