Ajinomoto Windsor recalling products related to the CRF frozen vegetable recall
Ajinomoto Windsor Inc. is voluntarily recalling various frozen food items due to possible Listeria contamination according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent May 9. This action is being taken because the recalled products contain vegetables that are part of the recent CRF Frozen Foods recall.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all its stores, said Christopher Wicker, a public health advisor for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products with a use-by date of Nov. 5, 2017, or earlier are impacted by this recall:
- VIP Cut Corn, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701048
- VIP Cut Corn, 32 ounces: UPC 7007701248
- VIP QP Petite White Corn, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701045
- VIP QP Petite Peas, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701065
- VIP Green Peas, 32 ounces: UPC 7007701264
- VIP Green Peas, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701064
- VIP Baby Lima Beans, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701016
- VIP Mixed Vegetables, 16 ounces: UPC 7007701076
- VIP Cut Green Beans, 32 ounces: UPC 7007701208
- VIP Mixed Vegetables, 32 ounces: UPC 7007701276
- VIP Bean & Carrot Blend, 14 ounces: UPC 7007705002
- VIP Healthy Garden Blend, 14 ounces: UPC 7007705011
- VIP Steamworks Cob Corn with Butter Sauce, 8 count: UPC 7007706156
- VIP Steamworks Organic Sweet Corn, 24 ounces: UPC 7007706448
- VIP Steamworks Sweet Cut Corn, 12 ounces: UPC 7007706548
- VIP Steamworks Organic Peas, 24 ounces: UPC 7007706464
- VIP Steamworks Sweet Green Peas, 12 ounces: UPC 7007706564
- VIP Steamworks Organic Mixed Vegetables, 24 ounces: UPC 7007706476
- VIP Steamworks Mix Vegetables, 12 ounces: UPC 7007706576
- Tai Pei Shrimp Fried Rice, 12 ounces:UPC 7007700106
- Tai Pei Chicken Fried Rice, 14.2 ounces: UPC 7007700107
- Tai Pei Pepper Beef, 14.2 ounces: UPC 7007700116
- Tai Pei Combination Fried Rice, 12 ounces: UPC 7007700159
Listeria monocytogenes may cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the frail or elderly, and those with weakened immune systems. Healthy adults may only suffer short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infections may also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. The illness caused by these bacteria can take up to 70 days to appear.
No illnesses to date have been reported to Ajinomoto Windsor Inc. for the products involved in this voluntary recall.
Customers who purchased any of these products at the commissary should bring them back for a refund.
For additional information and a full list of products affected by this recall please visit the Food and Drug Administration's page on this recall.
Consumers with questions should call the Consumer Affairs Hotline at (855) 742-5011, open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT, Monday through Sunday