Aunt Jemima recalls frozen pancake, waffle, french toast products
Toast products as well as Hungry Man Selects Chicken and Waffles after testing indicated the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the plant environment, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent May 8.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all its stores, said Richard Stith, lead consumer safety officer for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
This recall applies only to the Aunt Jemima frozen products listed below and does not include any Aunt Jemima dry mixes or syrups.
All "best by" dates of the following products are affected (view product photos):
- Aunt Jemima Lil Griddlers Blueberry, 14.5 ounces: UPC 019600054603
- Aunt Jemima Mini Pancakes, 14.5 ounces: UPC 019600054801
- Aunt Jemima French Toast, 12.5 ounces: UPC 019600057703
- Aunt Jemima Cinnamon French Toast, 12.5 ounces: UPC 019600058908
- Aunt Jemima Whole Grain French Toast, 12.5 ounces: UPC 019600059684
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake Low Fat, 14.5 ounces: UPC 019600061007
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Waffle, 17.18 ounces: UPC 019600062004
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Waffle, 17.18 ounces: UPC 019600062103
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Waffle, 17.18 ounces: UPC 019600062202
- Aunt Jemima Low Fat Waffle, 17.18 ounces: UPC 019600062301
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancake, 14.8 ounces: UPC 019600064701
- Aunt Jemima Oatmeal Pancake, 14.8 ounces: UPC 019600064909
- Aunt Jemima Whole Grain Pancake, 14.5 ounces: UPC 019600066408
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake, 14.8 ounces: UPC 019600068204
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancake, 14.8 ounces: UPC 019600069102
- Aunt Jemima Club Pancakes Premium, 60 count: UPC 019600435907
- Aunt Jemima French Toast & Sausage, 5.5 ounces: UPC 051000063915
- Hungry Man Selects Chicken & Waffles, 16 ounces: UPC 658276202903
No other Aunt Jemima or Hungry Man branded products are included in this recall. Customers should return this product to the commissary of purchase for a full refund.
Listeria monocytogenes may cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the frail or elderly, and those with weakened immune systems. Healthy adults may only suffer short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infections may also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. The illness caused by these bacteria can take up to 70 days to appear.
Questions about this recall can be directed to Pinnacle Foods Consumer Care at 888-299-7646 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.