Back to Nature Foods recalls granola and cookies
Back to Nature Foods is voluntarily recalling certain granola and cookie products because they contain chocolate from a third party supplier that contains milk not listed as an ingredient on the label, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent Oct. 30.
Those with milk allergies run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product.
DeCA has publicized the updated information to all its stores. Whenever a commissary has a recalled product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Chocolate Delight Granola, 11 ounce: UPC 19898-01201 with "best by dates" of Dec. 25, 2016 through July 27, 2017.
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola, 11 ounce: UPC 19898-01225 with "best by dates" of May 9, 2017 through Aug. 14, 2017.
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies, 9.5 ounce: UPC 19898-01100 with "best by dates" of May 8, 2017 through May 12, 2017.
- Mini Chocolate Chunk Cookies, 1.25 ounce: UPC 19898-01115 with a "best by date" of May 1, 2017.
- Mini Chocolate Chunk Cookies, 2.5 ounce: UPC 19898-01143 with a "best by date" of May 1, 2017.
Customers should return this product to the commissary of purchase for a full refund. No other Back to Nature brand products are included in this recall.
Consumers with questions on the recall may contact Back to Nature Foods Consumer Relations Center at (844) 275-5845, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.