BARBECUE, PICNICS – OUTDOOR FUN: Go to your commissary in July to save more on your holiday and summer gatherings
FORT LEE, Va. – July is that time of year when families, friends and food come together to create the ultimate outdoor barbecue. As the grills heat up for the Fourth of July holiday or just plain old summer fun, commissaries can help customers enjoy their cookouts with more money in their pockets.
“Life is definitely more fun for our customers when they can stretch their dollar by taking advantage of the savings provided by their commissary benefit,” said Marine Sgt. Maj. Michael R. Saucedo, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “In July, the commissary is bringing more sales promotions to the table to help service members and their families save more on their groceries.”
On Commissaries.com, customers can download the latest sales flyer. The flyer is loaded with great summer savings and includes tips on eating healthy and preparing affordable meals using the commissary online recipe book. Alternatively, customers may visit the savings center to take advantage of more savings, like the Your Everyday Savings (YES!) program, Rewards Card, coupons and current promotions. Even greater savings come from purchasing any of our commissary store brands – Freedom’s Choice™, Homebase™, Topcare™, Tippy Toes™, Full Circle™, Flock’s Finest™, Wide Awake Coffee™, Crav’n™, and Pure Harmony™.
As a reminder, OCONUS stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Here are a number of sales specials to consider for July commissary savings:
- Sub – primal meat sales: Sub-primal meats sold at-cost, processed and cut upon request. Customers must buy the entire sub-primal to receive the at-cost price. Consult your commissary meat department.
- Summer Olympics: Coke and Mondelez International team up to bring more savings to customers with special deals on Coke, Core Power Protein Shakes and Powerade during summer Olympics. Promotion available July 23 - Aug. 8.
- Celebrate the summer: Commissary customers will see savings on Boar’s Head EverRoast Chicken Breast and Smoked Gouda Cheese. Save $1 off per pound, where Boar’s Head Meats and Cheeses are available. Promotion available while supplies last July 22-28.
- Great promotions for grilling: From July 5 to 18, save 43 percent on Hefty foam plates and 39 percent on Hefty assorted slider bags; 24 percent on Hunt’s Ketchup; 23 percent on Heinz Ketchup, Heinz Mustard and Hellman (Best) Mayonnaise; 20 percent on KC Masterpiece Open Pit BBQ sauces; and 17 percent on Stubbs BBQ sauces, marinades and rubs. From July 19 to Aug. 1, save 40 percent on Kingsford Charcoal and 38 percent on Kingsford Charcoal Lighter Fluid.
- Snacking for every occasion: From July 2 to July 7, get a 4-count package of Fresh Baked Apple Turnovers for $2.49. Promotion available while supplies last. From July 5 to 18, save 39 percent on Pringles, 33 percent on Cattleman’s Jerky, 27 percent on Planters Mixed Nuts, 27 percent on Duke’s assorted jerky sticks, 21 percent on Pace Salsa, 18 percent on Snack Pack gelatin and pudding, and 28 percent on Oreo cookies.
- Breakfast of Champions: From July 5 to 18, save 38 percent on General Mills cereals, 27 percent on Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops cereals, and 26 percent on Starbucks coffee. From July 19 to Aug. 1, save 35 percent on Kellogg’s cereals and 20 percent on Smucker’s coffees – Folgers and Dunkin.
- Cleaning and essentials: From July 5 to 18, save 31 percent on Arm & Hammer and Oxi Clean Regimen; 30 percent on Cottonelle Viva Kleenex; and 28 percent on Hefty trash bags. From July 19 to Aug. 1, save 30 percent on Charmin Puffs, 30 percent on Tide, Downy and Bounce; 28 percent on Charmin 18-count toilet paper mega rolls; 27 percent on Bounty 8-count paper towels; and 26 percent on Bounty 200-count napkins.
“I cannot stress enough how much you save – about 25 percent annually – by using your commissary benefit,” Saucedo said. “For our patrons who have not shopped their commissary, we welcome you to come experience a great shopping atmosphere and to take advantage of savings that you’ve earned.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.