Bolthouse Farms recalls protein drinks due to possible spoilage
Bolthouse Farms is voluntarily recalling several protein drinks due to possible spoilage according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent June 23. The beverages may appear lumpy, taste unpleasant or have a foul odor.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this product withdrawal to all its stores, said Christopher Wicker, a public health advisor for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following is list of products that DeCA carries that are affected by this recall:
- Protein Plus Chocolate, 15.2 ounce: UPC 0-71464-30650-2
- Protein Plus Chocolate, 32 ounce: UPC 0-71464-30651-9
- Protein Plus Coffee, 15.2 ounce: UPC 0-71464-01627-2
- Mocha Cappuccino Perfectly Protein, 15.2 ounce: UPC 71464-30051-7 with "best by" date of Sept. 2, 2016
- Mocha Cappuccino Perfectly Protein, 32 ounce: UPC 71464-30050-0 with "best by" dates of Aug. 2, 2016 and Aug. 3, 2016
The "best by" dates are printed on the cap and label at the neck of the bottle and the UPC codes appear on the bar code.
Customers who purchased any of these products at the commissary should bring them back for a refund.
For additional information and a full list of products affected by this recall please visit the Food and Drug Administration website.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Bolthouse Farms at 866-535-3774, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST.