‘COME HOME TO HOLIDAY SAVINGS’: Commissaries offer November sales promotions to help customers prepare for their festive events
FORT LEE, Va. – This November, the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) wants to be the holiday food headquarters for their customers, offering everything they need for their festive meals.
“Whether it is the best-priced, high-quality turkeys, or the ingredients for those home-baked pies and cakes made just like your grandmother used to, we have what you need to put a joyous, tasty spin on your holiday celebrations,” said Bonita Moffett, DeCA’s director of sales. “We also make it very convenient for our patrons by offering a variety of party platters from our deli and produce departments.
“And don’t forget the Commissary Gift Card that anyone can purchase to give the ultimate ‘Gift of Groceries’ to any authorized patron worldwide.”
Throughout November, DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs.
Customers are asked to check our website, www.commissaries.com and their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- Deli Party Platters – Bountiful meat and cheese platters can be ordered several ways: contact the deli manager when shopping at the commissary, and they will take your order or you can go online to the Commissary CLICK2GO web page on www.commissaries.com to order.
- Produce Gifts. Red Robin Plant Promotion (stateside only including Alaska and Hawaii) featuring poinsettias, festive plants and décor. Promotion offered mid-November through mid-December.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable party trays may be ordered through your produce manager while shopping as well as calling the store and being connected to the produce department.
- World Pear Day is Dec. 5. From Nov. 29 to Dec. 5 (stateside only) super low prices on pears. Pair pears with blue cheese and crispy crackers.
- A Doorbuster Sale is being offered by commissary produce Nov. 19-24, offering significant savings on potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions and fresh cranberries (stateside only including Alaska and Hawaii).
- Got Turkey? Commissaries are cutting prices on holiday turkeys. This year, your commissary is offering frozen, whole-body Shady Brook/Honeysuckle/Valchris turkeys for less than 50 cents a pound. Sales continue through Dec. 31. Also, a frozen Butterball, whole-body will be sold for less than $1.50 a pound. Turkey promotions available while supplies last.
- “Give the Gift of Commissary Groceries.” Commissary Gift Cards can be purchased online and inside the commissary at the customer service desk. Anyone can purchase these gift cards, but the recipients must be an authorized patron. You can select an “open value” card from as little as $5 to as much as $300 per card.
- Holiday Special Orders. Fill out the “Special Order” form on www.commissaries.com for all your holiday and family gathering needs. Be sure to plan ahead to allow for shipment lead times on your favorite holiday products. Some restrictions may apply at overseas commissaries. Contact your store for specific availability.
“We also make your commissary holiday shopping very convenient by offering the Commissary CLICK2GO online and curbside pickup service,” Moffett said. “You just order online, choose your time, and pick up and pay. We’ll see you at your local commissary for all your holiday savings.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.