FALL SAVINGS ABOUND: Holiday specials give customers plenty of opportunities to maximize their commissary benefit
FORT LEE, Va. – October represents the unofficial start of the holiday season for commissary customers who want to see Halloween and Thanksgiving promotions, super savings and more, said the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales.
“Whether it is celebrating Oktoberfest with friends or saluting friends and families from afar with a big, plump, roasted turkey, your commissary wants you to know we are here for you with extra savings and great opportunities to enhance your commissary benefit,” said Bonita Moffett, DeCA sales director.
Throughout October, DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check our website, www.commissaries.com and their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- DeCA Turns 30 Commissary Gift Card Giveaway. During October, DeCA will commemorate the 30th anniversary of its establishment on Oct. 1, 1991, as the military’s commissary agency. In honor of DeCA’s legacy, the agency will create a “DeCA Turns 30 Commissary Gift Card Giveaway” to celebrate this milestone. To learn more about the giveaway, go to the webpage, www.commissaries.com/anniversary, which will be published by Sept. 29.
- Commissary Store Brands Fall Sale. We are excited to announce that from Oct. 11 to 24 the commissary will conduct its Commissary Store Brand Fall Sales event. During this time, you can expect to save even more on Freedom’s Choice, Homebase, Full Circle, Tippy Toes, TopCare, Wide Awake Coffee, Crav’n Flavor, Pure Harmony and Flock’s Finest brands. Commissary Store Brands offer the quality you come to expect from national brands at a fraction of the price. Look for details in your commissary.
- ‘Got Commissary Milk?’ Check out the extra-low prices on gallon-size milk in the chill section in the U.S. stores highlighted with the Your Everyday Savings (YES!) orange label. The Yes! program ensures your commissary provides the savings you deserve on a daily basis on these gallon-size milk items and the other products you buy most frequently. Just look for the bright, orange labels.
- Apple promotion. The Annual Apple Grower’s promotion is partnering with Skippy Peanut Butter, Justin’s Nut Butters, and Marzetti’s Caramel Dips products from Oct. 11 to 24. Check your stateside produce section for details.
- 2021 NCAA Football Sales event. Unilever and OSC-WEB are hosting this worldwide event Oct. 11-24. Commissary customers will have a chance to win one of 15 Football Prize Packages that include 55” TVs and Bose soundbars valued at over $25,000. Look for “College Football” displays depicting Axe Men’s grooming lines, Dove Men, Degree, Suave Men and Vaseline Men.
- Oktoberfest Continues. Through mid-October, commissary customers will find in-store displays and coupons for imported items from Germany and other European countries worldwide. A sample of these German products are chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage, pickles, noodles, coffee and more.
- “Halloweeeeen!” There is still a lot of Halloween candy to be purchased before All Hallow’s Eve. Roam the spooky aisles of your local commissary and get your favorite treats before they disappear.
- Trick or Treat - Win a Turkey to Eat! Your commissary will be conducting a worldwide Halloween Costume Photo Contest Oct. 1-31. Submit a photo of yourself, your family, or your pet in their Halloween costume and you may win a 14-16-pound frozen turkey. Go to www.commissaries.com for contest details. One winner chosen per store.
- Slashed turkey prices. Commissaries are cutting prices on holiday turkeys. This year, your commissary is offering frozen, whole-body Shady Brook/Honeysuckle/Valchris turkeys for less than 50 cents a pound! Sales begin Sept. 27 and continue through Dec. 31. Also, a frozen Butterball, whole-body turkey will be sold for less than a $1.50 a pound while supplies last.
“The fall season is a busy time for the commissaries,” Moffett said. “We’re offering daily specials throughout the stores and seasonal club packs at great savings for the upcoming holidays. And, if you don’t have your Commissary Rewards Card yet, get one now from your local commissary. You could be missing out on some really great deals. Hoping you and your family have a spooky, fun-filled Halloween.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.