February offers plenty of sweet commissary savings
FORT LEE, Va. (Jan. 29, 2016) – Be it for the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day or whatever your heart's desire, service members and their families will find special in-store promotions and coupons, according to the Defense Commissary Agency's director of sales.
"In addition to Valentine's Day promotions, we have sales events centered around family reunions, free groceries for the year and pro football's biggest game," said Tracie Russ, DeCA's sales director.
During February, DeCA's industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Also, the Exclusive Savings page has more coupons, specials, promotions, sales and healthy recipes.
Overseas stores may have substituted events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- Free groceries for a year. Patrons in stores worldwide who purchase any four Kellogg's, Keebler, Kashi or Cheez-It products (4.4 oz. or larger, any flavor, mix or match), with their Commissary Rewards Card will be automatically entered for a chance to win free groceries for a year (awarded as $6,000 in Commissary Gift Cards). The contest runs from Jan. 15 to Feb. 15.
- From Feb. 15 to March 11, patrons worldwide who buy two packaged coffees from Folgers or Dunkin Donuts in one transaction and present their Commissary Rewards Card for scanning will be entered to win one of seven Apple iPad Air 2 devices. Full details will be available Feb. 15 on Rewards Card page.
- In celebration of Nestlé's 150th anniversary, stateside shoppers will have the chance to win the "Ultimate Family Reunion" worth $15,000. From Feb. 5 to 18, patrons will find entry forms and drop boxes at their local commissary. Shoppers can also visit nestlefamily.com to obtain recipes, post family gathering stories, photos and have a chance to win other daily prizes through Twitter and Instagram via #nestlefamilysweepstakes.
- Kellogg's and NASCAR are once again racing to support military children at the Daytona 500. From Feb. 19 to March 5, shoppers worldwide will see savings on a package of name brands to include coupons with some of the proceeds going to support Scholarships for Military Children.
- From Feb. 19 to March 18, the J. M. Smucker Company will present its 11th "Serving Our Country's Finest" event for February. A variety of Smucker fruit spreads, Hungry Jack breakfast items, Folgers coffee, Dunkin Donuts coffee and Jif peanut butter will be participating in this in-store promotion. Smucker's will donate $10,000 to Fisher House for the Scholarships for Military Children fund. Stores worldwide will have details for in-store giveaways.
"We have a lot of promotions this month in your local commissary, but don't forget, Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and we have sweets for your sweet! Stop by your commissary and pick up all you need for a memorable home-cooked Valentine's Day dinner – or dessert! – and you can't go wrong," Russ said. "You'll get great food at great prices, and your Valentine and wallet will be happy."
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit and make no profit on the sale of merchandise. Authorized patrons purchase items at cost plus a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. By shopping regularly in the commissary, patrons save thousands of dollars annually. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America's military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
Kevin L. Robinson
(804) 734-8000, Ext. 4-8773