February promotions offer extra savings
Commissary patrons have plenty of opportunities for extra savings with February promotions focusing on heart health awareness, the Super Bowl, the Winter Olympics, Valentine’s Day and more.
“February is a busy month for patrons who want to maximize their commissary benefit,” said Tracie Russ, the Defense Commissary Agency’s sales director. “With all the big sporting events, and of course, Valentine’s Day, we have targeted promotions to help extend patron savings even farther.”
Russ also encouraged patrons to check out the treasure trove of recipes on this website.The website offers access to the Savings Center for a sales flyer with current sales pricing and the Thinking Outside the Box section, which offers quick solutions for dietitian-approved and economical meal options. The Savings Center also has links to the Commissary Rewards Card, and information on featured promotional items, commissary store brands, links to coupons and more.
“With February being Heart Health Month, our patrons can also use their commissary benefit to choose a better lifestyle by using our Nutrition Guide shelf sign program with color-coded labels that depict key nutrient attributes including low sodium, low fat, whole grain, no added sugar, good source of fiber and organic,” she said.
February’s sales promotions are made possible through the commissary’s collaboration with its industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Also, the Exclusive Savings page has more coupons, specials, promotions, sales and healthy recipes.
Patrons are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- Commissary Store Brand Sale event. In stateside stores from Feb. 19 to March 4, Kellogg’s will offer coupons – while quantities last – for free Freedom’s Choice Water (24-pack) with the purchase of three participating Kellogg’s/Keebler items. Participating brands include: Kellogg’s Froot Loops, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops; Cheez-It Crackers; Keebler Caddies and Crackers packs; Austin cracker packs; Special K Pastry Crisps/Bars/Bites; Kellogg’s Fruit Snack, Mother’s cookies, Eggo pancakes, and Eggo french toast.
- Commissary Rewards Card. Throughout February patrons can use their rewards card to clip a digital coupon for $1 off any two Pepperidge Farm products (bread and snacks over 5 oz.). They can also clip a coupon to save $5 on the purchase of $30 or more on the following Kimberly-Clarke products: Kleenex, Scott, Cottonelle, Viva, Huggies diapers and wipes; Pull-Ups, Goodnites, Poise, Depend and U by Kotex. The digital coupon offer can be clipped Feb. 1-28 and must be redeemed by March 31.
- Winter lotion events. Gold Bond is offering demonstration events through Feb. 4 for stateside stores. The events allow patrons to sample all of the different Gold Bond lotions. High-value coupons will be available.
- XXIII Winter Olympics. Procter & Gamble presents huge Winter Olympics promotions from Feb. 5 to March 4. First offer: Buy $30 of P&G products and get a custom Team USA backpack (valid Feb. 5-18). Second offer: Buy $30 in P&G products and get a $10 VISA card (valid Feb. 19 – March 4). Additional savings are offered through BrandSaver Print Coupons ($70 value); along with $175 in digital coupons and other in-store giveaways.
- General Mills will kick off their Super Bowl promotion, Feb. 5-18, with savings on various items such as Chex Mix, Old El Paso, Totino’s and many more. High-value in-store coupons will be available.
- “Just Add Milk.” General Mills will offer its popular “Just Add Milk” promotion worldwide from Feb. 19 to March 4. This year, the event will include the “Bring Back the Bees” campaign, which has already reached 2.5 million households through a rebate seed packet offer. This year General Mills will double the reach by placing seed packets inside 5 million boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. Patrons will see in-store displays that include posters and character cardboard cut-outs. High-value in-store coupons will be available.
- “Serving Our Country’s Finest.” During February, the J. M. Smucker Company will offer discounts to commissaries worldwide on many of their popular fruit spreads, Hungry Jack breakfast items, Folgers coffee, Dunkin Donuts coffee, and Jif peanut butter. Smucker’s will also donate $10,000 from this promotion to Fisher House for the Scholarship for Military Children program.
- “Healthy Heroes.” From Feb. 19 to March 4, Unilever will feature discounts on their top brands: Hellmann’s/Best Foods, Breyers, Dove, Dove Men, AXE, Suave, St. Ives, Vaseline, and Q-Tips, Lipton, Knorr, Caress, Tresemme, Clear and Nexxus. This promotion also includes in-store demos and over 200,000 in-store coupon flyers worth $7.
“We have a lot of promotions this month in your local commissary, but don’t forget, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we have sweets for your sweetheart! Stop by your commissary and pick up all you need for a memorable home-cooked Valentine’s Day dinner (or dessert!) and you can’t go wrong,” Russ said. “You’ll get great food at great prices, and your valentine and wallet will be happy.”