Kellogg's recalls select snacks and cookies
Kellogg Company is voluntarily recalling select snacks and cookies after its flour supplier recalled some of its product for undeclared peanut residue, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent Jun. 13.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall notice to all its stores, said Richard Stith, the lead consumer safety officer for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
"We have learned that the commissary carries some of the products listed in the recall," Stith said. "The stores are currently pulling those items from the shelves." DeCA food safety officials are monitoring this recall for any updates.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Keebler Animals Crackers, 2.4 ounce cup: UPC 3010010850 with "better if used before" date of Dec. 19, 2016 through Jan. 4, 2017
- Keebler Disney Frozen Graham Snacks Cinnamon, 2.2 ounce cup: UPC 3010010957 with "better if used before" date of Jan. 6, 2017
- Keebler Disney Frozen Graham Snacks Cinnamon On the Go Caddy, 12 count: UPC 3010010955 with "better if used before" dates of Jan. 5, 2017 and Jan. 20, 2017 through Jan. 21, 2017
- Murray Ginger Snaps Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies. 16 ounce: UPC 8201110007 with "better if used before" dates of Jan. 1, 2017 and Jan. 4, 2017
- Famous Amos Cookies Chocolate Chip cookies, 12.4 ounce: UPC 7667754104 with "better if used before" dates of Jan. 11, 2017 through Jan. 13, 2017
- Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies, 12.4 ounce: UPC 7667754107 with "better if used before" date of Jan. 14, 2017
- Kellogg's Special K Mini Brownies Fudge, 6 count: UPC 3800076434 with "better if used before" date of Jan. 3, 2017
While those who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume products containing peanut allergens, the amount of peanut exposure from use of the affected products is considered to be low and not expected to cause adverse health effects in the vast majority of peanut allergic consumers.
To date, Kellogg has received no reports of illness related to products affected by this recall.
Customers who purchased these products at the commissary should return them for a full refund.
For additional information and a full list of products affected by this recall please visit the Food and Drug Administration's page on this recall.
Consumers with questions on the recall may contact Kellogg Company at 1-800-962-1413, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.