Kicking off fall savings
Commissary shoppers can expect to see plenty of extra savings with September sales events promoting the kick-off of the football season, Oktoberfest celebrations, “Back to School” sidewalk sales events and more.
“As we head into the start of football season and the children return to school, we want our patrons to know their commissary is offering plenty of promotions to help them save money and maximize their benefit,” said Tracie Russ, Defense Commissary Agency director of sales.
Commissary patrons can find out about sales and promotions by going to the Rewards & Savings section for information on the Commissary Rewards Card, sidewalk sales, coupons, the Sales Flyer, sales pricing and commissary brands. They can also enter contests.
Throughout September, DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Always check what’s on the “end of the aisle” for themed items with extra low pricing.
Shoppers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- “Back to School” sidewalk sales continue throughout September at all commissaries worldwide. These sales feature a variety of products including fresh produce, lunchmeats, dairy items, cases of cereals, bottled water and more. Check online at www.commissaries.com for dates and locations.
- Although Oktoberfest in Munich runs from late September until early October, commissary shoppers can shop their stores to host their own celebrations if they can’t make it to Germany. Commissaries have a full line of German products available from chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage to rich German coffee and more.
- Free groceries for a year from Kraft Heinz! This “text to win” contest runs through Sept. 10 and includes all stateside commissaries plus Hawaii and Alaska. Winners will be announced the week of Sept. 11. There will be three prizes of $7,500 each in commissary gift cards. Look for contest details on in-store displays as well as extra savings on Kraft Heinz products.
- Campbell’s Chunky NFL 2017 Giveaway! Beginning Sept. 7 through the end of December, there will be four winners selected each week with 68 winners worldwide. Each winner will receive a $100 NFL gift card. Details on MyMilitarySavings.com as well as entry rules posted in commissaries on the Campbell’s soup shelf.
- Kashi and Silk have partnered for a stateside promotion from Sept. 11 to 24 to offer savings in several categories for cereal, granola bars, cookies, crackers, frozen waffles, entrees and Silk almond milk, Silk cashew milk and Silk yogurt. Over 100,000 coupons will be available for $2.50 off Silk products with the purchase of three Kashi products.
- Unilever’s annual “Italian & American Festival of Savings” occurs Sept. 25 to Oct. 8. This year’s promotion will again feature Unilever brands such as Hellman’s/Best Foods, Lipton, Country Crock, Knorr, Magnum, Talenti and Breyers, as well as personal care brands like Dove, Vaseline, Q-Tips and TRESemme. Over 150,000 in-store coupon flyers valued at $7 will be distributed worldwide.
“The fall may be bringing cooler temperatures,” Russ said. “However, the savings are still hot in your commissary. Don’t waste your benefit – it’s worth the trip.”