NATIONAL PET MONTH: Commissaries worldwide offer exceptional savings for pet food, supplies in May
FORT LEE, Va. – Our pets are beloved family members, exercise partners and stress relievers. During the pandemic, they have made the lockdown much more bearable.
During National Pet Month in May, commissaries worldwide give customers ways to show their furry, four-legged friends some love while saving big on all their pet needs.
“We know how important the family pet is to our military customers so we want to be sure our commissaries offer the best products at the best prices to ensure a long and healthy life,” said Bonita Moffett, DeCA’s director of sales.
In addition to the many typical national brands found in commercial retailers, commissaries offer their own private label premium brand pet food, Pure Harmony – all at significant savings.
During National Pet Month, commissaries and their industry partners are offering exceptional deals on the following items:
- Purina – BOGO on 6 ounce Beggin’ Strips and 52 percent savings on 3.5 lb. bags of Beneful Dry dog food
- Milo’s Kitchen – 25 percent off selected dog treats
- Nature’s Recipe – Over 38 percent off on select varieties of dog food
- DreamBone – Up to 12% off on select chicken dog chew products
- IAMS and NUTRO – 5 lb. bags of dry cat food and 30 lb. bags of dry dog food at significant savings
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: A $7 off coupon on their Adult, Chicken Turkey & Brown Rice Recipe 28 lb. dog food for a savings of 37 percent
- Blue Buffalo - Special deals on Tastefuls wet cat food, 12-count variety pack and kitten 6-count pack
- Commissaries displaying the Purina ProPlan brand will be offering giveaways to customers. One customer in each participating CONUS store could win a 50” Class 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV, and in OCONUS participating stores, an Apple IPad.
“Pets are integral household members, as they bring a lot of joy to our lives,” Moffett said. “They’re a great form of companionship for many people, especially during the last year, so selecting the right mix of pet products to ensure our patrons have what they need to nurture their pets is a priority for DeCA.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.