Pound cake products withdrawn due to foreign matter
L & M Bakery is voluntarily withdrawing some pound cake products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically blue plastic wrapping paper pieces, according to a withdrawal notice from the Defense Commissary Agency’s food safety office sent Jan. 15.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this withdrawal to all its stores, said Chris Wicker, a public health advisor for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products are affected by the withdrawal:
- Sliced Butter Pound Cake, 15 ounces: Product code 10018 and 10012
- Whole Butter Pound Cake, 16 ounces: Product code 10044 and 80044
- Sliced Cinnamon Pound Cake, 15 ounces: Product code 10061
- Sliced Marble Pound Cake, 15 ounces: Product code 10118 and 10112
- Sliced Marble Pound Cake, 14 ounces: Product code 10108
- Whole Marble Pound Cake, 15.5 ounces: Product code 80040
- Sliced Vanilla Chip Pound Cake, 15 ounces: Product code 50918
Customers should return this product to the commissary of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact L & M Bakery at 978-373-8860 or 978-241-2574.