Save on your football party items
Shop your commissary for game-time treats
Just as post-holiday recovery begins, we find ourselves in the throes of the final days of football fever. January is loaded with championships, playoffs and wild cards which means a lot of party food, snacks and dips.
“We have everything you need – chicken wings, veggie and fruit trays, nacho fixings, pizzas, sodas, water, snacks and dips – for whatever big game party you’re hosting,” said Tracie Russ, DeCA’s director of sales. “The commissary has loads of football snacking options and promotions that will save our patrons a ton.”
Before you hit the store, visit the “Savings Center” on commissaries.com to download Commissary Rewards Card digital coupons, access the sales flyer and find information on featured promotional items, commissary store brands, links to coupons and more. The website offers a “Thinking Outside the Box” section, giving patrons quick solutions for dietitian-approved and economical meal and snack options.
Overseas stores may have substituted events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check their local commissary for details on dates and times of the following promotions:
- “Big Game Big Deals!” Kraft Heinz Company is offering $3 or $5 coupon deals and increased incentives for stateside commissary patrons through Feb 4. Participating brands include: Heinz Ketchup, Mustard, and Pickles; Grey Poupon Mustard, A-1 and Heinz 57; Bagel Bites; TGI Friday’s frozen entrees; Cracker Barrel Cheese; Maxwell House coffee and others.
- “Guac Nation.” From Jan. 22 to Feb. 4, all stateside stores including Alaska and Hawaii will be offering “Avocados from Mexico” and Old El Paso with tear pad coupons – $1 off on the purchase of one Old El Paso Kit/Shells and two Avocados from Mexico.
- “Sabra Super Bowl.” Sabra will be scheduling in-store demos in all stateside stores including Alaska and Hawaii between Jan. 29 and Feb. 4. Also, Sabra will be offering free carrots from the produce section (up to a $1.50 value) when patrons purchase two Sabra 10 oz. Sabra hummus or white dip.
- Discounted snacks. Acosta Pretzel Crisps will be offering $1 off coupons on 2 bags of Pretzel Crisps and a 30 cent coupon off any hummus product 8 oz. or larger.
- General Mills Progresso Soup presents “Warming Up America,” their annual “souper” soup sale offering in-store discounts and high-value coupons for commissary patrons worldwide. The promotion runs through Jan. 24.
“Whether you’re a football fanatic or think the commercials are pretty much the best part of game day, food is always front and center, “Russ said. “And your commissary offers loads of game-day snacking options, healthy and otherwise, at a great savings.”