Select P.F. Chang's frozen entrees recalled for possible foreign matter contamination
ConAgra Foods is voluntarily recalling specific packages of P.F. Chang's frozen entree products because the sauce packets included in the entrees may contain metal fragments according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent July 19. This is an expansion of an earlier recall announced July 6, 2016.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all affected stores, said Christopher Wicker, a public health advisor for DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has a recalled or withdrawn product in its inventory, the product is immediately removed from store shelves.
The following is a list of products that DeCA carries that are affected by this recall:
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Signature Spicy Chicken, 22 ounce: UPC 3100067023, Manufacturing Lot Code 5006615200 with "best by" date of May 26, 2017
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Mongolian Style Beef, 22 ounce: UPC 3100067000, Manufacturing Lot Code 5006615800 with "best by" date of June 1, 2017
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Beef with Broccoli, 22 ounce: UPC 3100067001, Manufacturing Lot Code 5006616100 with "best by" date of June 4, 2017
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Sweet & Sour Chicken, 22 ounce: UPC 3100067006, Manufacturing Lot Code 5006616000 with "best by" date of June 3, 2017
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Shrimp Lo Mein, 22 ounce: UPC 3100067005, Manufacturing Lot Code 5006616700 with "best by" date of June 10, 2017
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions or injuries due to consumption of these products.
Customers who purchased this product at the commissary can return it for a refund.
Consumers with questions about the recall may contact ConAgra Consumer Affairs Hotline at 1-800-252-0634, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. CDT.