Shop your commissary for discounts on game-day treats that help you save more money
FORT LEE, Va. – It’s win or go home for professional football teams competing for a spot in the big game. However, military customers all come out victorious if they shop their commissary for the food and drinks to score big at their house party or barracks get together.
“I don’t know who’s going to win it all in football, but I do know your commissary has everything you need to save a lot on your big game menu,” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Tomeka N. O’Neal, senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “Chicken wings, veggie and fruit trays, nacho fixings, pizzas, sodas, water, snacks and dips – whatever you want is available at discounted savings.
“And don’t lose out on the savings at your base exchange on that big screen television at discounted prices, either,” she said.
O’Neal advises customers to prepare for their shopping trip by visiting the MyCommissary online portal to download Commissary Rewards Card digital coupons, access the sales flyer and find out about featured promotional items, commissary brands, links to coupons and more. The sales flyer offers a “Thinking Outside the Box” section, giving patrons quick solutions for dietitian-approved, economical meal and snack options.
Overseas stores may have substituted events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check their local commissary for details on dates and times of the following promotions:
- Big Game, Big Savings. Kraft Heinz Company is offering $3 or $5 coupon deals on participating brands throughout January. Participating brands: Heinz Ketchup, Mustard and Pickles, Grey Poupon Mustard, A1 and Heinz 57 Steak Sauce, Bagel Bites, Delimex, TGI Friday’s Frozen Entrees, Kraft Natural Cheese, Cracker Barrel Cheese, Kraft Grated Parmesan, Kraft Singles, Kraft Dinners, Kraft Mayo, Miracle Whip, Taco Bell products, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Oscar Mayer Cold Cuts/Hot Dogs/Bacon, Lunchable Lunch Combos, Velveeta Loaf and Slices, Maxwell House Coffee, Gevalia Coffee, Planters Nuts. This promotion ends Feb. 2.
- Game Day Super Soda Promotion. Stock up on soda for the big game. For a limited time, save up to 35 percent on all 12-packs at the commissary. This promotion begins Jan. 27 and ends Feb. 2.
- Big Game Sweepstakes. Nabisco and Coca-Cola have teamed up to bring commissary patrons the opportunity to win commissary and exchange gift cards ranging from $50 to $250. Look for the Nabisco and Coca-Cola football-themed displays in your commissary for more details. This promotion ends Jan. 31.
- Touchdown of Savings. Look for the in-store General Mills displays for coupons and game-day recipes for participating brands such as Chex Mix, Old El Paso, Totino’s and more. This promotion begins Jan. 20 and ends Feb. 2.
- Commissary beef and pork savings. Check with your meat department for the commissary’s beef and pork savings:
- Fall Favorites Power Box – Offers a 25 percent savings to our patrons on select cuts of beef
- Healthy Alternative Power Buy Box – Save 29 percent on 20 pounds of select cuts of lean beef and pork
- Economy Power Buy Box – Save 31 percent on 15 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
“Remember, you don’t want to fumble away your chance to save money by not going to your commissary and your exchange,” O’Neal said. “Use your military resale benefit to access the savings you’ve earned.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.