'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!': In November, commissary sales go even farther to acknowledge the service, sacrifice of its military communities
FORT LEE, Va. – Military communities face hardships every day as they navigate a life of deployments that separate families or overseas rotations sending them far from home.
The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) wishes to give the military and their families a special "thank you" for their service through sales promotions in November that highlight Military Family Appreciation Month, Warrior Care Month and Veterans Day events.
“This November we recognize all our military – active duty, Guard and Reserve, retirees, veterans and their families for standing up for our freedoms,” said Bonita Moffett, DeCA’s sales director. “The commissaries will be showing their thanks through November, and forever thanking our patrons for their service to our country.”
Through November, the commissary’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with stores to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs.
Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- “K9s for Warriors.” Del Monte is giving service dogs to war veterans through the proceeds of a promotion Nov. 1 – Jan. 20. Customers can support the program by purchasing Del Monte canned goods at their commissary. “K9s For Warriors” trains rescue dogs to help veterans coping with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), military sexual trauma, post-9/11 issues and other psychological challenges associated with military service. See details inside your commissary regarding this worldwide promotion.
- “Honoring Veterans” Sweepstakes. Enter for a chance to win one of six $500 Commissary Gift Cards. Shoppers can find the text code to enter in-store, or online at MyMilitarySavings.com. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Operation Homefront. No purchase necessary. This promotion runs Dec. 5.
- Stock up for the holidays. Commissary customers can get a $10 Visa Rewards Virtual Account when they buy any 10 participating products at stateside stores Nov. 19 – Dec. 31, in one transaction, and retain their printed receipt to receive a $10 Visa Virtual Account. Just visit www.activaterewards.com/Military (the link will be active on Nov. 19) to enter their info and submit the image of their full receipt by Dec. 31. Please visit the website to view over 40 participating products. While supplies last.
- Veterans Holiday Weekend Soda Sale. The Veterans Day Soda promotion will run Nov 11-14. Coca-Cola half liter six-pack products will be on promotion: four six-packs for $10. Other 12-packs from Pepsi will be on sale: four 12-packs for $12. Stateside only to include Alaska and Hawaii.
- Purina’s Military Pet Club. Enter for a chance to win a $500 Commissary Gift Card. There will be two winners chosen in the New Year, so enter before Dec. 31 at www.MilitaryPetClub.com. Plus, stock up and save on Purina ProPlan for all dogs’ and cats’ meal plans. Customers can also access www.MilitaryCatClub.com to enter to win more gift cards before Dec. 31.
“Don’t forget to check out our sales flyer online at www.commissaries.com,” Moffett said. “There, you will find lots of great sale items. And, you will also find promotional club pack items at the Wall of Value located inside your local commissary to meet all your holiday needs. Be sure to stock up now.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.