‘YOU DESERVE MORE!’: Commissary sales promotions offer customers extra savings over the holidays
FORT LEE, Va. – During this holiday season commissaries are delivering savings on the items that meet their customers’ baking, roasting, grilling and gifting needs.
Whether it is for that family and friends holiday feast, a barracks party, buying affordable Christmas gifts or cooking something special for your office co-workers, the savings at your commissary really add up, said Marine Sgt. Maj. Michael R. Saucedo, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director.
“Look for the special sales signage throughout the commissaries, offering you everyday savings for your hard-earned pay,” Saucedo said. “The blue and orange YES! Program offers everyday low prices that our customers buy daily. Also, our Commissary Store Brand products are top-value, low-cost food and non-food grocery items that can’t be beat at other grocery retailers.
“And allow us to shop for you and meet you at your car with our Commissary CLICK2GO curbside pick-up service,” he added. “We now offer this service worldwide, just in time for the holidays. Just go to Commissary CLICK2GO on our website and place your order.”
Through December, the commissary’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with stores to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Always check www.commissaries.com for details on all of our savings programs, recipes, contests and online shopping details.
Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- Your Commissary Gift Card. Anyone can purchase the “gift of groceries” through Commissary Gift Cards whether they are an authorized patron or not. The recipients must be authorized to use the commissary. Buy them online or inside the commissary at the store’s customer service desk. They are “open value” cards from as little as $5 to as much as $300 per card.
- Holiday gift sets. Unilever is offering worldwide a variety of gift sets with brands including Axe, Dove, Dove Men, Caress, Tresemme, Love Beauty Planet, Shea Moisture and Dollar Shave Club. All gift sets will have a $1 off coupon. Go to Unilever’s website for more info: www.Operationintouch.com .
- Got turkey? Commissaries are cutting prices on holiday turkeys. This year, your commissary is offering frozen, whole-body Shady Brook/Honeysuckle/Valchris turkeys for less than 50 cents a pound. Sales continue through Dec. 31. Also, frozen Butterball, whole-body turkeys will be sold for less than $1.50 a pound. Turkey promotions available while supplies last.
- Share a “Taste of Home.” In December, Unilever continues to offer great savings on their products in select stateside commissaries to include a four-page recipe coupon flier that are effective until the end of January. Through this holiday sales promotion, Unilever is donating $10,000 to Adopt-A-Soldier Platoon. For more information visit https://aasp.vet.
- Small Business Saturday. On Dec. 18, at select commissaries in the U.S., there will be greater savings offered to include high-value coupons and giveaways from local small vendors from 10 a.m. - 2p.m. The following stores are included: in Virginia at Fort Belvoir, Marine Corps Base Quantico and Naval Air Station Oceana; in Kentucky at Fort Campbell and Fort Knox; Scott Air Force Base, Illinois; Fort Meade, Maryland; Randolph Air Force Base - Joint Base San Antonio, Texas; Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada; and Fort Carson, Colorado.
- Don’t miss “Spread the Savings.” This gift card giveaway by Upfield (Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Violife) is offering five, $100 Commissary Gift Cards featured in the December issue of Family Magazine. You can find Family Magazine at your local commissary free of charge worldwide beginning in December. To enter for a chance to win, go to https://familymedia.com/spreadthesavings/.
- Smithfield Foods Ham savings event. Through Dec. 31, Smithfield Foods will offer exclusive savings for military customers on Smithfield Spiral and Portion Hams. Customers can save up to $7 on their favorite full-cooked, hickory-smoked hams. Look for $7 and $5 coupons at your commissary in the meat section, along with recipe ideas and in-store demos. For flavor varieties, holiday meal planning tips and recipes, visit www.smithfield.com. Coupons while supplies last.
- Operation Gratitude. Colgate-Palmolive will donate one trial-size Colgate product to Operation Gratitude when patrons purchase participating Colgate-Palmolive products. Operation Gratitude is one of the largest nonprofits in the country for hands-on volunteerism in support of military, veterans and first responders, offering volunteer opportunities for Americans to express their appreciation to all who serve and protect. Special ends Dec. 15.
- “K9s for Warriors.” Del Monte is giving service dogs to war veterans through the proceeds of a promotion through Jan. 20, 2022. Customers can support the program by purchasing Del Monte canned goods at their commissary. “K9s For Warriors” trains rescue dogs to help veterans coping with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), military sexual trauma, post-9/11 issues and other psychological challenges associated with military service. See details inside your commissary regarding this worldwide promotion.
“Your commissary has everything on your holiday shopping list for bountiful meals to beauty care gift sets,” Saucedo said. “Please take advantage of the savings you’ve earned. Have a safe and happy holiday season.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.