5 Minute Salmon Quesadillas
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 8-10 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 14.75 oz. canned low-sodium salmon, drained and center bone removed
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 3-4 oz. can sliced black olives (drained)
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 dashes of salt and pepper
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
- Cooking spray
- 4 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ to ½ cup salsa
- 12 oz. mixed salad greens
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place the drained salmon. Remove the center bone by gently splitting the canned salmon apart. Discard the bone. Using a fork, gently break apart the salmon. Add the spices and sliced olive then gently fold until well blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place a tortilla on the pan and quickly top the tortilla with ¼ of the salmon mixture and ¼ the cheese. Top the cheese with an additional whole wheat tortilla. Turn the heat up to medium-high and flip the quesadilla when the bottom tortilla starts browning (check by gently lifting the quesadilla with a spatula). Cook the other side of the side until the cheese melts, but remove before the bottom tortilla burns.
- Top with ¼ the salad greens, yogurt and salsa. Repeat for the remaining three quesadillas.
- The quesadillas can be made in the microwave. Just build as described. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook for 45-60 seconds.