- non stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (15 oz each) apples with cinnamon, undrained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray. In baking dish, mix cornstarch with about 3 tablespoons syrup from apples until smooth; stir in remaining apples and syrup.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in butter and egg until smooth dough forms. Drop by teaspoons over apples (apples will not be completely covered); sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dough is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.