Balsamic Kale and Peach Tortellini
- 2 packages tortellini, chicken and prosciutto recommended
- 3 pounds bunched kale
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 peaches
- Begin cooking 2 packages of tortellini according to the package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking, remove the tough ribs (stems) from about 3 pounds of bunched kale, tear the kale into bite sized pieces, and then wash it, allowing some water to cling to the leaves.
- Heat ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing in a Dutch oven (large sauce pan) over medium heat. Add kale and cook, tossing with two large spoons, until bright green for about 1 minute. Add ¾ cup of water, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the kale is tender (12 to 15 minutes) and then salt lightly to taste.
- Cut 4 peaches in ½, remove the seed, and then slice each ½ into three slices for a total of 24 slices.
- Mix the kale with the drained tortellini and serve each plate with ¼ the tortellini mixture and six slices of peaches.
- Grill peach halves for a smoky taste