Banana Nut Cheerio Energy Bars
- 4 cups Banana Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted, sunflower nuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix cereal, cranberries, almonds and sunflower nuts.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and peanut butter to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly in prepared pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.