Basic Cookie Dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine all ingredients, except flour, in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, gradually add flour and beat just until blended
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions (about 1 1/2 cups each). Prepare each portion as directed in recipe.
Yields: 30 cookies