BBQ Chicken and Biscuits
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 1/3 cups dry biscuit mix (preferably whole wheat)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 10 oz. canned chunk chicken
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 10 oz. frozen California blend vegetable mix
- Pour the Greek yogurt into a medium-sized bowl. Mix in the vanilla, honey or maple syrup, and sliced banana. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Make the biscuits according to package directions.
- While the biscuits are baking, microwave the California blend vegetables according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, pour in the canned chunk chicken (drained) and BBQ sauce. Warm over medium heat.
- Place two biscuits that have been cut in half on a place. Top each biscuit with 1/8th of the chicken mixture and top with 1/8th of the cheese. Scoop 1/4th of the vegetables onto the plate.
- In a small bowl scoop 1/4th of the yogurt and bananas to be served alongside your meal.
- Canned chunk white chicken that has the American Heart Association seal on it for heart-healthy is the best choice. Consider keeping a few cans in the pantry to make quick dishes such as casseroles, soups, and tacos, or even to op your lunch meal salads.