Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts with rib meat, no need to thaw
- 1 box Broccoli Rice Au Gratin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine rice and contents of seasoning packet in a 13x9–inch baking pan; add boiling water and mix well.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of rice; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli, re–cover and bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is done (internal temperature should be 170 degrees as measured by an instant read thermometer.)
- Sprinkle with cheese, return to the oven, uncovered, and bake until cheese is melted and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.