Caprese Salad on a Stick
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 toothpicks
- Gently wash and dry the tomatoes.
- If using mozzarella balls, cut them to make 16 equal pieces. If using a large piece of fresh mozzarella, then cut into 16 equal slices.
- To make a skewer, place a toothpick through a cherry tomato. Top the tomato with a basil leaf and then a piece of cheese.
- Mix together the vinegar and oil. Drizzle this mixture onto the platter before placing your skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve.
- This is an easy recipe for kids to make and try themselves!