- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tea bags (any type of generic tea is fine)
- 3 cups boiling water
- Simmer the milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, peppercorns, and cloves in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon sugar until dissolved, add additional sugar, to taste if desired.
- While the milk mixture simmers, place 1 tea bag into each of 4 mugs; cover with 3/4 cup boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag, and pour 1/3 cup of the spiced milk mixture through a strainer, into each mug.
Yields: 4 Servings