Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb. very lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder (optional)
- 1 large English cucumber
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8-10 radishes, greens removed
- 12 baby dill pickles
- 1 carrot or 3 oz. shredded carrots
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp. pickle juice
- 2 tsp. honey or sugar
- dash of pepper and salt
- Prepare the produce by chopping the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and slicing the radishes, carrots, and dill pickles. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise then slice each half into bite-sized pieces. Add these items and the cilantro to a large bowl and toss to mix.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the dressing ingredients and mix until blended. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- In a large frying pan, break the ground beef into small pieces and begin cooking over medium heat. Sprinkle in the onion powder and minced garlic and stir occasionally until the beef is cooked and no pink coloring remains.
- Place 1/4th of the salad mixture in a bowl and top with 1/4th of the cheese and 1/4th of the cooked ground beef. Repeat for the remaining three servings.
- The next time you grill, make a few extra burgers so you can have a quick meal later in the week by making this salad. Just warm the grilled burger in the microwave, cut it up and top a salad.
- If the dressing is just too "out there" for you, use your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.