Cheesy Jalapeno Turkey Sliders
Ingredients (Makes 12 rolls)
- 1¼ lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 medium jalapeños (seeds removed), chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 12 whole wheat/multi-grain slider rolls
- Desired toppings (lettuce, tomato, grilled veggies, fresh basil, etc.)
- ¼ tsp. paprika (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, add the ground turkey, cheeses, onion, jalapeños, and desired spices. Mix well with clean hands until all the ingredients are incorporated. Form 12 1-inch thick small patties.
- Brush the grill grates lightly with olive oil to prevent the patties from sticking. Place the patties on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip them and then cook for an additional 3 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove the patties from the grill, cover and set aside. Quickly place the slider rolls on the grill for a very quick toast and then remove.
- Assemble the patties and top with desired toppings.