Chicken and Cantaloupe Salad
- 1 cantaloupe (chilled)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 6 oz. precooked, chicken strips (southwestern or fajita)
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Wash the outside of the cantaloupe and pat dry. Cut the melon in 1/2; clean out the seeds and pulp.
- Scoop out the flesh of the cantaloupe aiming for about 5 2" pieces in the shape of a ball for each half. Leave about 1/2" of flesh in the shell.
- Peel the apple; cut into 1" chunks. Discard the core.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the melon, cucumber and apple pieces.
- Dice the chicken strips into 1" pieces and then gently fold into the fruit.
- Fill the empty shells of the melons with 1/2 of the mixture; sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Serve immediately.