Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 12 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound of mushrooms
- Box of macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 cup of stir-fry sauce
- Defrost 12 oz. (about 2-3 pieces) skinless chicken breasts in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is defrosting, wash and slice the vegetables (2 med yellow squash, 3 med zucchini and ½ pound of mushrooms) and set aside.
- Begin preparing the box of Macaroni and Cheese according to the package directions.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add to a large frying pan or Dutch oven with ¼ cup of water.
- Cover and let chicken “braise/stew” at medium/ high heat for about 3 minutes and then stir. Cover and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced vegetables and ½ cup of sauce to the chicken and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Serve ¼ the “stir-fry” and ¼ the mac and cheese on each plate.
- Make a double batch of the “stir-fry” and use it as filling in a wrap for an interesting twist on your lunch sandwich over the next couple of days.
- A piece of any fresh fruit you have on hand would also go great with this meal.